Long gone are the days of bland food, small spaces and sea sickness. From floating cities to intimate salons-at-sea, it's easier than ever to find a cruise that caters perfectly to your needs.
Tully Luxury Travel's team of seasoned travel designers have debunked the following cruise myths, sure to broaden your horizons to endless possibilities on the open sea.
1. "Stuck" on a ship - Being stuck out in the middle of the ocean with nothing to do...not a chance! You are on a floating country with everything available from fitness centers to theaters, multiple choices of dining venues, nightly shows, shopping, multiple bars, clubs, auctions, casino's - there is an endless list to keep you busy.
2. Formal dress code - Not all cruise lines have a formal dress code. Luxury cruises are more country club casual and other cruises you can be as formal or casual as you like.
3. Cruising is for the older generation - This could not be further from the truth! Different cruise lines offer different activities for all age groups. You can choose to be a part of everything or as little as you like - you make and own your cruise vacation!
4. Time is regimented - Now with freestyle and open dining options, you no longer have to be told that you have to eat at the same time every night at the same table. The boat is your oyster in terms of dining options that fit your schedule.
5. Sea sickness - Nowadays, almost all ships come with fixed stabilizers to help control and reduce the ship's "rock n' roll" due to strong wind and waves. Half the time you barely even feel the ship moving unless you're really focusing on it. Another tip if you're still worried about the amount of movement, book an itinerary that's prone to calmer waters like the Caribbean and try to book a cabin that's located mid-ship or on a lower deck; or better yet, book a river cruise; nothing but smooth sailing!
Not sure where to go? Tully Luxury Travel offers destinations and itineraries to satisfy even the most discerning traveler.
BINA - Luxury Yacht Charter 142'
Primland - Meadows of Dan, VA
Rawai VIP Villas - Phuket, Thailand
Hotel del Coronado - San Diego
The Luxury Signature
Southeast Asia's most exclusive collection of luxury villas rental and vacation homes, located in some of the most beautiful destinations including Phuket and Koh Samui in Thailand, and Bali in Indonesia.
Mountain Shadows - Arizona
This new resort in Paradise Valley features timeless modern design, 183 guestrooms, a restaurant with an exhibition kitchen, two pools, a high-tech fitness facility, a fully revamped short golf course, and more.
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor - Siem Reap, Cambodia
Villa Sabai Jai - Koh Tao, Thailand
Home in Italy: The Most Stunning Villas Imaginable
Edmiston - Luxury Yacht Brokers
Meadowood Napa Valley
AutoEurope - Luxury Car Rental
The NoMad Hotel - New York City
Oliver's Travels - Luxury Villa Rentals